Young love is a messy business in a new preview video (below) for Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha (“The Dreaming Boy is a Realist”), an upcoming light novel to TV anime adaptation that begins broadcasting in Japan on July 03, 2023. The series will broadcast in Japan as follows:
- TV Tokyo: every Monday during the 26:00 time slot beginning on July 03, 2023.
- BS NTV: every Tuesday during the 24:30 time slot beginning on July 03, 2023.
- Mainichi Broadcasting System: every Tuesday during the 27:30 time slot beginning on July 04, 2023.
- Shizuka Broadcasting System: every Wednesday during the 25:25 time slot beginning on July 05, 2023.
- AT-X: every Tuesday during the 23:30 time slot beginning on July 04, 2023.
Please note that some Japanese TV schedules count early-morning programming as late-night programming from the previous day, so for example the 26:00 time slot on Monday evening is actually on Tuesday morning at 2:00am JST.
Additionally, two new cast members have been announced for Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha, including:
Mina Ichinose voiced by Iori Saeki
Fuka Sasaki voiced by Minami Kurisaka
The story of Yumemiru Danshi was Genjitsushugisha follows Wataru Sajou, a high school boy who is madly in love with his classmate, Aika Natsukawa, to the point where he daydreams about them being together and constantly pesters her for attention. One day, however, Wataru realizes that he isn’t right for a relationship with Aika, and so he begins to keep an appropriate distance. Confused by his sudden change in behavior, Aika becomes convinced that Wataru hates her now, and a mixed up comedy of errors ensues.
The original Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha light novels are written by Okemaru, illustrated by Mizore Saba, and published in Japan by Hobby Japan under their HJ Bunko imprint. The TV anime adaptation is directed by Kazuomi Koga and features animation production by Studio Gokumi x AXsiZ.
Source: Comic Natalie
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.