The Witch’s House MV Brings Frights to PS4, Xbox One and Switch
The Witch’s House started as a Japanese horror RPG created with RPG Maker VX back in 2012, and now the remake using RPG Maker MV is on the way to consoles. The Witch’s House MV first debuted on Steam on Halloween in 2018, and its next stops are PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on October 13.
RELATED: Clea and Clea 2 to Deliver Double Dose of Horror on PlayStation 4
Developed by Fummy, here’s an overview of the story and features:
A young girl, Viola, is drawn inexorably to a mysterious manor that seems to change behind her back. It is a place of pain, turmoil and death. Plumb its detestable depths and abominable history. Untangle riddles that bar your perilous path. And flee the hellish halls of The Witch’s House.
- The broadly loved classic of the genre finally makes its way to home consoles.
- A horror atmosphere wherein players solve puzzles based on clues found in the house.
- Reimagined graphics that make for a beautifully terrifying experience.
- Unlockable difficulty modes with new events and dialogue.
- Violence and gore that are not recommended for the squeamish. Player discretion advised.
- Sudden deaths that lurk around every corner and await every misstep.
- Items must be used deliberately as players solve the puzzles for themselves.
- Fixed save points (just keep an eye out for the talking black cat).
- Head phones *strongly* recommended.
Source: Press release
Joseph Luster is the Games and Web editor at Otaku USA Magazine. You can read his comics at subhumanzoids. Follow him on Twitter @Moldilox.