Today’s Summer Game Fest 2023 livestream put the Blue Blur back in the spotlight with the reveal of Sonic Superstars, a brand new side-scrolling adventure that introduces new powers and more into the mix. The latest entry in the series is currently lined up for a fall 2023 launch, and you can see the first trailer below.
Sonic Superstars is on the way to PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
- 2D Sonic Platforming Evolved
- 2D classic Sonic platforming has been reimagined for current-generation platforms with new zones, music, gameplay, and modern UHD visuals only possible with 3D graphics. Sonic’s movements, physics, and controls feel familiar and appeal to recent and legacy fans alike.
- Your Favorite Playable Characters
- Play as fan favorites – Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy Rose – to take on Dr. Eggman, old nemesis Fang and their nefarious schemes. Sonic designer Naoto Ohshima is also back with a new character that Sonic, and his friends will have to face.
- Seven Emerald Powers
- Use the power of the seven Chaos Emeralds to unlock various new abilities like creating clones of yourself, climbing waterfalls, powering up, and more!
- Co-Op Multiplayer Gameplay
- Sonic Superstars offers local 4-player co-op, so fans can play solo or cooperatively with friends through the entire campaign!
Source: Summer Game Fest 2023, Press Release