Since the dawn of time, man has pondered what kind of show Pop Team Epic is: Tokusatsu? Musical? Radio show? Mecha? Sketch comedy? Romance? And the answer continues to be “all of the above”, as the first episode of Season 2 alone will smash that entire list together when the series’ English dub advances on Crunchyroll this Saturday, October 15!
Here’s the brave cast and crew taking the first swing for Episode 1:
- Gwendolyn Lau (Sheska in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) as Popuko A
- Lydia Mackay (Kyoko in Fruits Basket) as Pipimi A
- Bill Jenkins (Sebas in Overlord) as Popuko B
- Greg Dulcie (Hijikata in Golden Kamuy) as Pipimi B
- Christopher R. Sabat (All Might in My Hero Academia) as Popuko (Bob)
- Ian Sinclair (Narrator in Kaguya-sama: Love is War) as Pipimi (Bob)
- Rachel Thompson (Lilac in Recovery of an MMO Junkie) as Rabbit
- ADR Director: Cris George
- Assistant ADR Director: Dallas Reid
- ADR Engineer: Victor Acosta
- Assistant ADR Engineer: Tina Son
- ADR Script Writer: Emily Neves
- ADR Mix Engineer: William Dewell
Based on the manga by Bkub Okawa, Pop Team Epic is directed and written by Jun Aoki (Gal & Dino) at studios Kamikaze Doga and Space Neko Company and stars an ever-changing myriad of voice actors as its chaotic protagonists.
If you’re a fan of absurd comedy anime, check out the full first season or the first episode of Season 2’s English dub when it drops this weekend, right here on Crunchyroll!
Crude, rude, and a little…cute? Get ready for the larger-than-life attitude of Popuko and Pipimi, the small and tall stars of Pop Team Epic! Based off the bizarre four-panel webcomic by Bukubu Okawa comes a comedy that’ll throw you off with its out-there jokes and intense absurdity. You think you’re ready for these girls? Think again, F#%**er!
Der shy man behind @Shymander, Liam is a timezone-fluid Aussie with a distinct fondness for anime, Eurovision and creating odd stats projects despite hating math.