Revenger has been keeping its cards close to its chest ever since the original anime’s announcement in September, revealing only two teaser trailers and a visual since then. But now, we finally have answers to three major categories: format, release date and main cast!
The Shochiku-nitroplus co-production is confirmed to be a TV anime that will premiere in January 2023, starring these main cast members (from left to right):
- Hisako Kanemoto (Epsilon in The Eminence in Shadow) as Nio
- Yuichiro Umehara (Courier in Akudama Drive) as Yuen Usui
- Jun Kasama (Wilibald in Saga of Tanya the Evil) as Raizo Kurima
- Shunsuke Takeuchi (Takeda in My Senpai is Annoying) as Teppa Murakami
- Shota Hayama (Kazushi in Tokyo Revengers) as Soji
The anime’s production staff, including studio, are yet to be announced.
Crunchyroll, who’ll be streaming the anime after it airs in Japan, describes the series as such:
As master assassin Usui Yuen looks into a series of assassinations made on the grand samurai clan, the Satsuma, he encounters Kurima Raizo, member and survivor of one of the attacks. Together, they discover the true nature of these murders is bigger than over stolen resources. As they get closer to the truth, will they come out alive to exact revenge?
Source: Comic Natalie
Der shy man behind @Shymander, Liam is a timezone-fluid Aussie with a distinct fondness for anime, Eurovision and creating odd stats projects despite hating math.