This year’s Animation is Film Festival will feature plenty of big screen attractions, and the latest update revealed both the closing night film and the centerpiece of the festival. Guillermo del Toro’s Pinnochio will close things out as a special presentation, while One Piece Film Red will serve as the centerpiece film with its English dub world premiere.
Tickets are on sale now for Animation is Film—held in Los Angeles, CA from October 21-23 and October 29—which will host the One Piece Film Red dub premiere on Saturday, October 22. This puts it ahead of the upcoming North American theatrical release on November 4, tickets for which just went on sale today.
As announced earlier today, here’s the English dub cast for the film:
- Uta voiced by AmaLee with songs performed by Ado
- Monkey D. Luffy voiced by Colleen Clinkenbeard Carroll
- Gordon voiced by Jim Foronda
- Shanks voiced by Brandon Potter
- Koby voiced by Micah Solusod
- Bartolomeo voiced by Tyson Rinehart
- Usopp voiced by Sonny Strait
- Nami voiced by Luci Christian
- Law voiced by Matt Mercer
- Sanji voiced by Eric Vale
- Chopper voiced by Brina Palencia
- Roronoa Zoro voiced by Christopher R. Sabat
- Brook voiced by Ian Sinclair
- Robin voiced by Stephanie Young
- Brulee voiced by Rachel Robinson
- Oven voiced by Jason Marnocha
One Piece Film Red is executive produced by One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda, with Goro Taniguchi (One Piece Defeat Him! The Pirate Ganzack! OVA) directing, Tsutomu Kuroiwa (One Piece Film Gold) handling the script, and animation production at Toei Animation.
Uta—the most beloved singer in the world whose voice has been described as “otherworldly”—is renowned for concealing her own identity when performing. Now, for the first time ever, she will reveal herself to the world at a live concert.
With the Navy watching closely, the venue fills with Uta’s fans—including excited pirates and the Straw Hats led by Luffy, who simply came to enjoy her sonorous performance—all eagerly awaiting the voice that the whole world has been waiting for to resound. The story begins with the shocking revelation that she is the enigmatic Shanks’ daughter.
One Piece Film Red opens on November 3 in Australia and New Zealand and November 4 in North America, and you can buy tickets right here.
Source: Press release