Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury TV Anime to Air in Split Cours
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury, the franchise’s first anime series in seven years and first-ever with a lead female protagonist, confirmed today that the broadcast will be split into two cours: the first will conclude in December, while the second will commence in April 2023.
Between January and March, new TV edits of the Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway, Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative and Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt anime films will air in its place.
Crunchyroll is currently streaming the Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury prologue special and will be releasing new episodes of the series every Sunday at 2:30am PT from October 2.
RELATED: Crunchyroll Announces Fall 2022 Anime Lineup!
Hiroshi Kobayashi, who directed TRIGGER’s original anime KIZNAIVER, is helming the series at studio Sunrise alongside Code Geass co-creator Ichiro Okouchi as scriptwriter and series composer, joined by this full platoon of staff members:
- Assistant Direction: Ryo Ando (Interviews with Monster Girls)
- Original Character Design: Mogumo
- Character Design: Marie Tagashira, Shuri Toida, Hirotoshi Takaya
- Mechanical Design: JNTHED, Kanetake Ebikawa, Ko Inaba, Ippei Gyobu, Kenji Teraoka, Takayuki Yanase
- Chief Mecha Animation: Shinya Kusumegi, Kanta Suzuki, Kiyoaki Maeda
- Setting Research: Seiichi Shirato
- Setting Cooperation: HISADAKE
- Science Fiction Research: Yuya Takashima
- Mechanical Coordination: Ryoji Kansai
- Prop Design: E wo Kaku PETER, Esuthio
- Concept Art: Lin Junbun
- Technical Direction: Yohei Miyahara
- Art Design: Tomoaki Okada, Kenichi Morioka, Kazushige Kanehira, Junichiro Tamamori, Yasuyoshi Uetsu
- Art Direction: Ayumi Sato
- Color Design: Kazuko Kikuchi
- 3DCG Direction: Shinichi Miyakaze
- Monitor Graphics Design: Kaori Seki
- Photography: Shota Kodera
- Editing: Kengo Shigemura
- Sound Direction: Jin Aketagawa
- Music: Takashi Ohmama (Castle Town Dandelion)
The official English website for Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury describes the anime’s story as such:
A.S. (Ad Stella) 122―
An era when a multitude of corporations have entered space and built a huge economic system.
A lone girl from the remote planet Mercury transfers to the Asticassia School of Technology,
run by the Beneritt Group which dominates the mobile suit industry.
Her name is Suletta Mercury.
With a scarlet light burning in her pure heart,
this girl walks step by step through a new world.
Der shy man behind @Shymander, Liam is a timezone-fluid Aussie with a distinct fondness for anime, Eurovision and creating odd stats projects despite hating math.