FUUTO PI Stage Play Investigates with Tokyo & Osaka Productions
Kamen Rider will soon be investigating the Japanese theater scene, because a stage play adaptation has been announced for FUUTO PI, the anime sequel series to the 2009 live-action tokusatsu hero show, Kamen Rider W. The main staff for production has been revealed, including:
- Original work: Shotaro Ishinomori
- Original serialization: “FUUTO PI” (published by Shogakukan in their Weekly Big Comic Spirits magazine)
- Script supervisor: Riku Sanjo
- Script: Shun Nishime, Nobuhiro Mori (Shonen Shachu)
- Director: Nobuhiro Mori (Shonen Shachu)
- Music: Kōtarō Nakagawa, Shuhei Naruse
- Starring: Masanari Wada, Tsubasa Kizu, and others
- Executive producer: Hideaki Tsukada
- Planning, production: Toei
In the FUUTO PI stage play, actors Masanari Wada and Tsubasa Kizu (pictured below in full costume and makeup) will play the roles of Shotaro Hidari and Philip, respectively.
RELATED: FEATURE: What is Kamen Rider Double? The Live-Action Origins of FUUTO PI
Crunchyroll currently streams the FUUTO PI TV anime, and the story is described as follows:
The story is canonically set after the events of Kamen Rider W (the 11th of ther Heisei era), which aired in 2009. It follows private investigator Shotaro Hidari and the mysterious boy Philip, two strangers who become one Kamen Rider!
The FUUTO PI stage play is scheduled to run in December of 2022 and January of 2023 in Tokyo and Osaka. The exact dates and venues for each production have not yet been revealed.
Source: Comic Natalie
Copyright notice: © “FUUTO PI The STAGE” Production Committee
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.