Vampires and Creepy Nuts are a force to be reckoned with as the opening and ending theme for last season’s Call of the Night TV anime tops DAM’s karaoke ranking for the summer 2022 anime season. DAM, which is the industry leader in karaoke boxes that are installed in parlors across Japan, released the rankings today revealing for the first time two series make up the top four slots.
The ranking only tracks songs from anime that airs or were released during the summer season. Here is the full top ten:
- 10. “Su, Suki Janai!” by ≠Me (The Maid I Hired Recently Is Mysterious opening theme)
- 9. “Himitsu Koi-Gokoro” by CHiCO with HoneyWorks (Rent-a-Girlfriend season 2 opening theme)
- 8. “Katachi” by Riko Azuna (Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun opening theme)
- 7. “Shall We Dance?” by ReoNa (SHADOWS HOUSE 2nd Season opening theme)
- 6. “Dance In The Game” by ZAQ (Classroom of the Elite season 2 opening theme)
5. “HOLLOW HUNGER” by OxT (Overlord IV opening theme)
4. “ALIVE” by ClariS (Lycoris Recoil opening theme)
3. “Hana no To” by Sayuri (Lycoris Recoil ending theme)
2. “Yofukashi no Uta” by Creepy Nuts (Call of the Night ending theme)
1. “Datenshi” by Creepy Nuts (Call of the Night opening theme)
It’s no surprise that Creepy Nuts take up the top two slots, no matter what sone they perform it’s always a banner of a hit, same with Sayuri and ClariS, though I don’t know if I would have the vocal cords to pull off “Yofukashi no Uta.” What was your favorite song from the last anime season? Which would you want to try in karaoke? Let us know down below!
Source: Game Watch
Daryl Harding is a Senior Japan Correspondent for Crunchyroll News. He also runs a YouTube channel about Japan stuff called TheDoctorDazza, tweets at @DoctorDazza, and posts photos of his travels on Instagram.